Friday, December 02, 2005

Man and his Replacement


DSC_6829, originally uploaded by youheng1.

Notice the pylons in the background as stark contrast to the farmer. One carrys power of the future: electricity! - the power man tamed. The other? pure physical brute strength that wanes with age and famine...

Electricity will abolish the slavery of man to physical work one day; till then, we can only hope.

Had an incredible day today! Ha! im going to go nuts with CHICKEN LITTLE and A TWIST OF FATE!

Chicken little was hilarious. i so love the last bit with the Hollywoodised version of the film. It was just so stereotypically accurate and funny! (Hiya Honey, it's all under control! let me handle the situation!!! *bravado*)

Also, fish was so cute and the porcupine was simply.. *ahem* COOL. my recommendation? *two thumbs up* Movie was slightly marred by the overdone start though. Chicken little himself was adorable if a touch too blur IMHO. Characterisation was swift, capturing the nuances of each character quite adeptly in the short span of time. *you need closure.. just as the ugly duckling says!*

As for the Twist of Fate, the songs were not bad.. some catchy numbers! Im really impressed by the standard for a local production! The singing was mostly topnotch, articulation was perfect... unlike the muddied singaporean voices and accents that have marred many a local performace. *grimace*

Ah si was perfect for his role as the "chicken killer" (whats it with today and chickens?) Set was brilliant (entirely realistic and innovative! Negative nitpicks? I thought the plot was a little too predictable though. I would rate it a 7/10 which says alot. (PCK was -10/10) *terrible* Oh and its such a pity Adrian Pang's acting was';t more appropriately used for comedy. I felt he was an underutilized character.

Lastly my heartfelt thanks to Serene, Blanche and Co who called me along.. and PAID for it! I love love love you guys.. um girls! I totally appreciate this. Next time? MY TREAT! OK? No further questions or buts!

Oh and pooey. i went down to town again. (again!) - didn't have my camera with me! Another chance at shots wasted. ESPLANADE too! At night! GAH!

No comments: