Monday, December 26, 2005

5 things you didn't want to know.

Thank you Sunder, for giving me an excuse to post - Anyways,

Rules of the game:1. Post 5 weird/random stuff about yourself.2. At the end, list the names of 5 people whom you want next to do this, and leave a comment "YOU ARE TAGGED!" in their blog and tell them to read your blog for rules.

1. As a kid, medical science interested me. What i was especially interested in was a certain "Mr Barrier" who was perpetually in "Operation" all over Singapore at the carpark gantry points. I recall asking my parents who exactly was this great man (his name was all over town) and why he had needed such a horrendous operation.

2. For most of the 2nd half of my JC two year, I spent much of physics tutorials thinking of a method to measure the speed of light. This project was supported by my physics tutor, Mr Lee Lih Juin, to which, I am very thankful. He eventually allowed me to use the physics lab for experiments. Unfortunately, the experiments were a failure due to the capacitance of the LDR we used, causing it to be inadequately sensitive by an order of a magnitude. It would have worked if I had more lab space though (specifically about 1km of room)

3. As an artist, I can’t draw to save my life. I’ve always relied on simplifying the subject/ avoiding it/ cartooning it or using digital media to substitute it.

4. I design clothes for people mentally -ie imagine the fabric, texture, colors, areas of emphasis etc. Yes, that would involve a rather freakish “thinking about people”… so ahem, I do think about YOU occasionally.

5. My personal philosophy is Objectivism. Read Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged to get a better overview. I have also considered quite seriously religious dogmas for living - with Christianity being the major religion. I accept and abide by most of its tenets and morals. (mine being a mix between the two, Christianity and objectivism) What fails me is in the department of Belief and Worship. I have to date rejected Christianity, but it would be a lie to say it was an easy rejection.


And now for the New contenders!
The chosen ones, not in any particular order:
1. Siying – please blog. *grumbles*

2. Jinesh – Would interesting to peer into your head.

3. Nat Lam – ditto!

4. Nat Woong – for the beauty of your posts

5. Hmm, the rest have been tagged.. so this shall stay blank. heh



No comments: