Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Because you make me smile that smile...

Because You make me smile that secret Smile

- i won’t cause Your converse Cry.

Went to watch the Kyiv Soloist concert today.. which was excellent! (so excellent, MM Lee Kuan Yew attended heh... more on that later)

The violin and viola piece really floored me. It was so romantic to see the violinist leading the viola (and vice versa) over and over, never letting the pitch die down. they played stanzas of ascending notes.. and just as each stanza died away, the other picked the where it was left off... it spoke of catching one another whilst falling and bringing out the best in each other! Two voices reaching for the peak!
Bravo!

The orchastra, naturally, played to a standing ovation.

And whoa. what was that deal about the Lead violinist being the daughter of the conductor? A formidable violinist in his own right... She was nothing short of stunning! Music must run in the blood. (for rodney, i still can't get over the fact that you and sister are so musically talented! but... dude...never give it up even though you might have hit a musical pothole! The judges must be blind/deaf and dumb*!)

*the stupid sort of dumb.. not mute. *grin*

Now, about Mr LKY. Mr "i not stupid.. but really suicidal" OY... thumbed my nose at him on a whim. and thats that... i've thumbed my nose at the man who made Singapore. (he was looking the other way of course - i haven't got too many places to stay in JB when my cheeky arse gets sod off by the nice and friendly singaporean court *grin*)

But that said: I shall reiterate my stand less people misunderstand my youthful mischief! I have nothing but the utmost respect for our MM. When we say the Man made Singapore, it is in my opinion the gospel truth. I do not believe that history would come to the same prosperous conclusion if He had not taken power in Singapore. My salutations!

No comments: