Friday, December 08, 2006

Faux Lomo!


DSC_5824 copy, originally uploaded by oyclubsnap2.

Hmm its been preoccupying my mind - should i get a lomo for my upcoming trip to the Euros?

on one hand i know i can get achingly beautiful/arty/nostalgic photos from the amazingly contrasty and vignetted lomo minotar lens.. but is it worth the cost?

available 2nd hand in singapore for about 300 sgd. i guess i could buy and sell (rent) one for the short term. other considerations include experience with the concept and cost of film/processing.

i guess the experience bit shouldn't be too hard to overcome - search lomography for their manifesto!


still... a return to film will take some effort to pry myself away from my spoilt-rotten "instant view" flexibilities of my present photog equipment.

follow the link to a REAL lomo album. cross processing looks so enticing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/malisia/sets/373919/

2 comments:

Banscylla said...

do the lomo! and leave the standard touristy point-and-shooting to me. :)

Ou yang, Chicken EATER! *rarrs!* said...

hehe. are you doubting my capacity to do both? *grin*

but yeah - bit of good news!

i managed to get hold of a non-functioning lomo - going to rip out the lens and mount it on my d200. wonder if it works?

hmmmmm. the images might still come out too polished - but at least i wouldn't have to worry about the lens effects.