Monday, October 02, 2006

Time for an overdue check on life.


_DSC5390, originally uploaded by oyclubsnap.

Its been a pretty shit week for me with 2 tragedies that hover at the very forefront of my mind:

firstly, the loss of the Medsoc elections and secondly, the possible loss of my driving license (which argueably sucks even more.)
regarding the medsoc elections, its a bitter pill to swallow -im not going to reflect my personal sentiments publicly nor am in going to politicize this blog... i will however, for the time being, *take a break* from public service. so bugger off. read ayn rand's magnum opus, "the atlas shrugged" if you're so inclined to figure out precisely why im bummed.

btw, for all the cynics out there, i AM extending my congratulations to Hanboon, i think he'll do a good job too so don't you fret! :)

as for the driving license, well, i can only pray that the police were sleeping on the job. but even then, i doubt it. this is Sing-a-pore leh!

in a nutshell, changi coast road is IMHO too long and straight and traffic light freeish for my taste. methinks that the speed limit should be at least 90 instead of the miserable 70.

There were a few good highlights coming from this week though:

Howen treated me to lunch (which was a momentous occasion in itself), i tried the new KFC cheesy popcorn chicken bits (surprisingly paletable), turned up to cinderella's OG chalet (thanks JW, Glenn and Jos for organising it!), watched army daze (finally!) and also had a fabulous dinner courtesy of Esther.

Quite a hectic social weekend too with dota with the m5s on friday night, good games they were too! lastly, an interesting conversation on saturday afternoon which really made my week. cross my heart and hope to die! heh.

all this social activity is all good and well... except, im so going to fail my g.med end of posting test. heh. the mcqs are just impossible :( still, theres but hope for the hopeless; or so we'd like to believe.

No comments: